No one looks forward to a broken sewer line, but situations arise where you may need to have yours repaired. Having a professional come to assess and fix the problem is crucial for maintaining the workflow of your home or business. You don’t want to try the do-it-yourself method for a task of this size. With over 30 years of experience, Ory’s Plumbing Solutions can help. We provide excellent assistance and offer 24-hour service. No matter what plumbing or sewer problem you have, we can tackle it.
When a sewer line breaks, you may not be certain at first. Soon, though, you will notice things are not functioning properly. There will be signs that there is a problem. There are things to look for if you suspect your sewer line has an issue.
- Drain odors: If you’ve started to notice unpleasant smells rising from your drains it could mean sewage water is being forced upward.
- Frequent clogs: Clogs happen at times, but when they seem to be more stubborn than usual, this could be another sign.
- Foul-smelling yard: When the sewer line is disrupted by a break, the sewage will seep into your lawn.
- Vermin are present: Rats and other pests may be attracted to the waste.
Several factors can cause a sewer line to become damaged. To run smoothly and efficiently, lines should be kept clean from grease, debris, roots, and other things which could affect the system. Here is a checklist you can use to keep your lines clear.
- Clean the lines regularly with an enzyme cleaner.
- Try a baking soda and vinegar mixture for a natural method to clear away pipe gunk.
- Flush the lines by running water through them with a small amount of drain cleaner.
- Use a snake to remove minor clogs.
- Call a professional if needed.
When you’ve done your best to keep your sewer line operating, something still doesn’t seem quite right. To learn more about our plumbing services, sewer repairs, and more, please contact us. We’re here to help.